Abstract submission guidelines
Abstracts must be submitted electronically until 12th June 2023.
Acknowledgement of receipt of the abstract submission will be sent to the corresponding author. If you do not receive the confirmatory e-mail within 48 hours, please contact the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com
The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing co-authors of the status of the submitted abstract.
Notification regarding the decision of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the corresponding author around the beginning of August.
All presenting authors must have registered for the congress and paid the registration fee before the Early Bird registration deadline of 13th July 2023 to be allowed to present the abstract at the Congress, and for the abstract to be published in the congress program. Registrants may only present one poster or one oral presentation.
Abstracts accepted for posters or oral presentations may be published in a scientific journal decided by the EAOM Board on the condition that the presenting author has registered for the congress and paid the registration fee. Registrants may only present one poster or one oral presentation.
Upon submission, indicate a preferred type of presentation. Oral presentations will last for 15 minutes (approximately 10-12 minutes presentation and 3 minutes for discussion).
• Abstracts must be written in English.
• It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the abstract is grammatically correct.
• The abstract will appear in the online congress program and should provide a summary of the poster or oral presentation.
• All abstracts must not exceed 250 words including subtitles.
• Please follow the instructions of the abstract submission form carefully.
• The Scientific Program Committee will make the final decision regarding the type of presentation for accepted abstracts. All abstracts will be reviewed and scored. Those with the highest score or with particularly interesting results will be invited to give a live oral presentation during the congress. Other accepted abstracts will be presented as posters or as previously recorded oral presentations.
Upon submission, indicate one of the following topics which best describes the content of the paper:
• Aphthous stomatitis
• Behavioural dentistry
• Bullous or Immuno-bullous disorders and other immune-mediated diseases
• Burning mouth syndrome
• Cancer and cancer therapy
• Dental management of medically compromised patients
• Dental management of patients with special needs
• Diagnostics/laboratory medicine
• Infectious diseases/HIV
• Medical management/pharmacology
• Oral complications of drugs
• Oral leukoplakia and other potentially malignant disorders
• Oral lichenoid lesions
• Orofacial pain/temporomandibular disorders (TMD)
• Other oral mucosal lesions
• Saliva/salivary gland disorders
• Sleep disorders
• Taste disorders/Halitosis
• Any other topic